We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds including underrepresented groups.
E pā ana ki a tatou |About us
We are an independent, charitable provider of residential care for those living with disability. We are driven to help our clients achieve independence and self-determination and strive to inspire opportunities for belonging. We provide services 24/7 365 days per year.
Kōrero mō te tūranga |About the role
With recent growth in our residential service, we are looking for people interested in making a difference in people's lives. As a support worker you will help empower our clients to achieve independence and inclusion in everyday life. You will work as part of a large friendly team passionate about delivering the best possible care and support for our clients.
Nga taonga kei roto I tou kete matauranga | What you bring
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Have a keen interest in helping others.
- Be able to work in partnership with our clients.
- Be able to maximise the independence of our clients whilst encouraging choice, initiation and participation in activities.
- Have the ability to demonstrate efficient time management, work autonomously and be part of a team.
- Willing to work within the mission, vision and values of the organisation.
- Previous care giving experience is also advantageous but it is not a requirement.
- NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (or an equivalent recognised qualification) at Level 2 or above is desirable however we are willing to consider candidates who have no relevant qualifications for the role.
- We have a variety of roles available. Full-time, Part-time and casual. All the roles are based in Fairfield, Wellington.
- For permanent full-time employees, a guaranteed minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
- Days of work are from Monday to Sunday on a rotating shift roster including weekends. It may also include working night shifts.
- Weekend Only – If you are interested in working on weekends only, please feel free to apply and specify “Weekend Only” on your application.
- Remuneration is in line with the pay equity scale.
- The minimum pay rate (L0) is $22.49 gross per hour and the maximum pay rate (L4) is $28.25 gross per hour. Pay bands will be calculated on the basis of your qualification.
Me pēhea te tono |To apply for this role:
- Please submit your updated CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience, skills and what you would bring to this role.
- You must be eligible to work and be based in New Zealand.
- COVID-19 Vaccination is preferable but not a requirement.
Ngā mātāpono |Our Values
Empathy, Aroha - We are kind, and have a desire to know and understand others
Embracing Diversity, Kanorau Awhitanga - We respect people, value difference and are committed to equity
Courage, Kia Maia - We are prepared to change and lead the way by being the best we can be
A full job description is available to download here: