Night Shift - Wellington
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds including under-represented groups.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the role
We have a full-time permanent position working a mixture of night and p.m. shifts (50/50). Our afternoon shifts are 2-10pm or 3-11pm and the night shifts are 11pm-7am. You need to be in New Zealand to apply for this position.
The night shifts are awake work as part of a small team, and after helping the last few residents get to bed, you'll be answering buzzers if anyone wakes up. Once everyone is is bed you'll do security checks and lock up. During the night there will be tidying, cleaning and administrative tasks to complete and then a hand-over with the morning shift.
During the p.m. shifts you will work as part of a larger team with the residents to support their independence in everyday life.
E pā ana ki a tatou | About us
We are an independent, charitable provider of residential care for those living with disability. We are driven to help our clients achieve independence and self-determination and strive to inspire opportunities for belonging. We provide services 24/7 365 days per year.
Ngā mātāpono | Our Values
Empathy, Aroha - We are kind, and have a desire to know and understand others
Embracing Diversity, Kanorau Awhitanga - We respect people, value difference and are committed to equity
Courage, Kia Maia - We are prepared to change and lead the way by being the best we can be
A full job description is available to download here:
Nga taonga kei roto I tou kete matauranga | What you bring
- You need to be in New Zealand to apply for this position.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Have a keen interest in helping others.
- Be able to work in partnership with our clients.
- Be able to maximise the independence of our clients whilst encouraging choice, initiation and participation in activities.
- Have the ability to demonstrate efficient time management, work autonomously and be part of a team.
- Willing to work within the mission, vision and values of the organisation.
- Previous care giving experience is also advantageous but it is not a requirement.
- NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (or an equivalent recognised qualification) at Level 2 or above is desirable however we are willing to consider candidates who have no relevant qualifications for the role.
- Remuneration is in line with the pay equity scale.
- The minimum pay rate (L0) is $22.49 gross per hour and the maximum pay rate (L4) is $28.25 gross per hour. Pay bands will be calculated on the basis of your qualification.
Me pēhea te tono | To apply for this role:
- Please submit your updated CV along with a cover letter outlining your experience, skills and what you would bring to this role.
- You must be eligible to work and be based in New Zealand.
- COVID-19 vaccination is preferable but not a requirement.