Rehabilitation Coach, Whanganui
Laura Fergusson Trust (Wellington) Incorporated (LFT) provides residential, community-based, rehabilitative and recreational services to people with disabilities in Lower Hutt and Whanganui.
We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable, accessible, well-maintained residential facility and homelike environment, and coupling that with community-based support services that enable people to live a supported and independent lifestyle.
Our team are expected to support residents to build on their abilities so they are able to live their life as independently as possible. We strive to provide excellent services to the people we support, and we support our team to achieve this by having great staff.
About the position
We have an opportunity for an experienced Rehabilitation Coach to join the team at Laura Fergusson Trust in Whanganui.
The Rehabilitation Coach will work with residents to develop and support improved quality of life by identifying and delivering a service that supports them through all phases of their individual plans and goals. The client is at the centre of all roles within LFT and a holistic approach is taken to care and support.
A full job description is available to download here:
Requirements of the role:
- Assisting clients with a range of personal care and household management tasks
- Promoting and supporting independence and community inclusion.
- Encouraging clients to develop their skills and achieve their individual goals.
- Strong connections to our values and beliefs and a passion for what you do.
- The ability to work effectively with people that may have challenging behaviours and high and complex support needs.
- A proactive approach to problem solving.
- An understanding of and commitment to Te Tiriti ō Waitangi
You will have:
- A NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (or an equivalent recognised qualification) at Level 2 or above. (Desirable but not essential)
- Experience working in the disability sector
- A full New Zealand driver's license.
We pay equity rates and a warm and friendly environment to work so if this sounds like the caring role and community organisation you want to join then don't hesitate to apply.
If you are looking to give back to the community, work for a values-driven organisation and make a real difference - we want to hear from you!
Applications close 30 July 2021